Want all the "GORY" Haunt the Zoo details?
Below are the top questions we receive about Haunt the Zoo.
We hope this helps you plan a GOULISH time!
- Have Tickets & Need Tickets signs will be posted at the Zoo entrance and staff posted to help you navigate your way into Haunt the Zoo.
- What time should I show up? Gates are open 6:30 until 8:30 p.m., but we suggest getting earlier than 8:30 p.m. to allow your group time to complete the trail.
- Where do I park? The Zoo’s main parking lot will be open. Over flow parking will be directed to either the Science Museum of Oklahoma or Remington Park. Parking is free.
- Can I get my tickets the night I come out? Yes. Tickets are available at the gate for $7.
- I purchase my tickets online, where do I pick them up? If you purchase your tickets online it will e-mail you a link to print off your tickets. Then you just need to print them off and bring them with you to the event.
- Do I have to pay for adults too? Accompanying adults are free. Tickets are needed for anyone wishing to trick-or-treat.
- Are we allowed to dress up? Dressing up is encouraged! Many children and adults dress up for the event and we would love for you to as well! Please leave all scary costumes at home as this is a child friendly event.
- My child is under three years old, aren’t they free? Tickets are needed for anyone wishing to trick-or-treat. If your child is too young to receive candy then you do not have to pay.
- Do I need to bring a treat bag/bucket? No. Official treat bags are provided when you redeem your ticket at the turnstiles. This bag is how our volunteers identify who can receive candy. So, if you don’t hold on to your bag, you will not receive candy.
- Do memberships work? No. Haunt the Zoo is a special fundraising event and memberships do not apply.
- Will my OBI blood voucher get me in for free? No.
- Do I get a military discount? Military discounts do not apply to Haunt the Zoo.
- Is there anything scary inside that might scare my child? All of our booths, decorations and volunteers are family appropriate. We cannot control the outfits of guests that are coming, though.
- How long does it take to walk through? This depends on the crowd & the time you spend taking photos and strolling at your own pace. Average time is 45 minutes to walk the trail.
- How much candy will my child get? There is 21 different booths total and your child will receive a treat from each one.
- My child has a food allergy, will my child be okay? All of the candy/snacks are individually wrapped. We suggest you check all treats before being eaten.
- Once inside, do I have to pay for anything extra? We will have concessions and gifts for sale. Our carousel will be open at $2 per ride.
- In the event of an emergency such as a medical matter or a child separated from your group, you may call 405-620-457, or 405-425-0264. Zoo staff will be present throughout the park for assistance.
- Lost & Found is at Guest Relations located in the entry plaza.
- How do I view and purchase my Party Pics from Haunt the Zoo? Click here or visit www.oklahomapartypics.com.
- Almost 200 props, many created by our Graphics team are located throughout the Zoo.
- 900 volunteers work the event.
- ¼ of a million pieces of candy are needed for each Haunt the Zoo
- All proceeds benefit the Zoo’s Conservation & Education programs
- 1,000 pumpkins dot the landscape during Haunt the Zoo
- 1.5 miles of extension cords help light the way
- 21 fantasy themed booths are sponsored by local & national businesses & organizations
- Orangutan friendly products are important to the Zoo. Learn how to be orangutan friendly at www.okczoo.com/conservation
- For all things Haunt the Zoo, visit www.okczoo.com
- Follow the Zoo on Twitter @okczoo or our fan page www.facebook.com/okczoobg: Share your Zoo photos & feedback.