HOPabaloo is for YOU!
Sunday, April 20
WHAT: The Oklahoma City Zoo will host its annual HOPabaloo “egg”stravaganza with an assortment of family friendly activities on Sunday, April 20, 2014, including:
- Easter Brunch w/private Easter Egg Scrambles - SOLD OUT!
- Krispy Kreme doughnut station, while supplies last
- Afternoon Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles
- Animal encounters throughout the Zoo
- Brunches will be served in the Canopy Restaurant.
- The doughnut station, bunny encounter and Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles will take place in the Children’s Zoo.
- Special Easter Weekend Keeper Connections will be held throughout Zoo grounds.
- In case of rain, all Easter Egg Scrambles will take place in the Zoo’s Education Center.
TINY TOT EGG SCRAMBLES:
HOPabaloo activities continue in the Children’s Zoo at noon with Krispy Kreme doughnuts being served while supplies last. Parents may also begin picking up tickets for the Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles beginning at noon. Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles, for children ages 2 to 5 years old, will be held on the Children’s Zoo grassy meadow. The Scrambles are limited to 100 children each and include eggs with candy. Children should bring an Easter basket or bucket to collect eggs. Tiny Tot Egg Scramble times are as follows:
- 1:30 p.m. (2 year olds)
- 2 p.m. (3 year olds)
- 2:30 p.m. (4 year olds)
- 2:45 p.m. (5 year olds)
Make the day even “hop”pier! Just for HOPabaloo, we’ve added some “egg”stra Weekend Keeper Connections to the regular schedule, giving guests more opportunities to encounter animals as they interact with special Easter treats. You’ll be able to talk with those who care for the animals—the Zoo keepers! Come, connect with wildlife while hearing and seeing how the Zoo strives to conserve and preserve our natural resources! All animal encounters will occur weather permitting. The special HOPabaloo schedule is as follows:
- 11 a.m. - Squirrel and Spider monkeys (Children’s Zoo)
- 11:30 a.m. Elephant Presentation at the Elephant Pavilion
- 1:15 p.m. - Bunnies at Children’s Zoo/Grandma’s Porch
- 1:30 p.m. Birds of Prey (across from the picnic pavilions)
- 1:30 p.m. - Great EscApe
- 2 p.m. - Elephant Presentation the Elephant Pavilion
- 2:30 p.m. - River otters: Big Rivers
- 3 p.m. - Tigers
- 3:30 p.m. - Turkey Vulture: Oklahoma Trails aviary
- 3:45 p.m. - Great EscApe