The media business can be tough, and the Zoo's Public Relations Department wants to give you every opportunity to get the shots and interviews you need within your deadline. To help us better serve you, here are some tips and reminders for ensuring a successful outing at the Zoo:
- All media personnel must have a member of the Zoo's Public Relations staff escort them around grounds. Please remember that we can better accommodate you if you have made an appointment. All members of the media must check in at the Guest Relations office (first office on the right inside the main entrance) to meet their escort.
- The Public Relations staff provides many services to members of the media. We have a large golf cart that will allow us to carry people and equipment around grounds. We are also here to assist you with getting the best shots, angles and interviews that are available.
- We realize that news sometimes occurs outside office hours. The Zoo's Public Relations staff is available any time of the day for your convenience. In the case that news breaks outside our 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. office hours, please call Tara Henson, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, at (405) 919-9038.
- We will make every attempt to accommodate your deadline. If you are on a strict deadline, please contact us as soon as possible and inform us. We appreciate having as much advanced notice as possible.
- The Public Relations staff wants to put the power at your fingertips! Be sure to check out our Recent Press Releases page and our Press Kit page to read about upcoming Zoo events and gather basic information about our Zoo and exhibits.
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
(405) 425-0219, [email protected]
Manager of Marketing and Public Relations
(405) 425-0298, [email protected]