HOPABALOO AT THE OKC ZOO - 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 20, 2012
CONTACTS: Candice Rennels, (405) 412-6172, cell, (405) 425-0298, office or [email protected]
Diana Jones, (405) 425-0292 or [email protected]
HIPPITY HOP TO THE OKLAHOMA CITY ZOO FOR HOPABALOO
Bounce, jump or hop–just get to the Zoo for HOPabaloo! The Oklahoma City Zoo will host its annual Easter brunch and HOPabaloo event on Sunday, April 8. Make plans to have brunch with the Easter bunny or just bring the kids out for an “eggs”traordinary outing.
Brunch attendees will feast on a delectable spread of spiral-sliced ham, baked chicken, scrambled eggs, pancakes with fruit toppings, macaroni and cheese, vegetable medley, biscuits ‘n gravy, fresh fruit, garden salad, assorted desserts, coffee, tea and juice. Participants may choose to dine at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. or 1 p.m., and children five and under who attend the brunch will be automatically signed up for the Tiny Tot Egg Scramble. Brunch will be held in the Education building at the east end of the Zoo’s parking lot. The cost for brunch is $17 for adults and $12 for children ages three-11 and seniors ages 65 and older. Children two and under eat free. Brunch includes Zoo admission for the day. ZooFriends members and military receive 10% off their brunch total. Tickets must be purchased in advance online at okczoo.com. Click “Buy Tickets” in the top right corner on the home page, then “Admissions” and scroll down to HOPabaloo.
In addition to brunch, these activities will be happening on grounds for children 11 and under from 1 to 3 p.m. and are free with regular admission.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Station (Global Plaza): Sweet eats. But when they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Animal Encounter at 1:15 p.m. (Children’s Zoo/Barnyard): Meet our bunnies.
- Keeper Connections: Watch as some of our animals enjoy “egg”stra special treats!
- 10 a.m. Spectacled Bear
- 11 a.m. Red Pandas
- 11 a.m. Black Rhino
- 1:30 p.m. Birds of Prey (across from picnic pavilions)
- 1:30 p.m. Great Apes Rotating Conservation Chats
- 2:30 p.m. River Otters (Oklahoma Trails)
- 2:30 p.m. Birds/Parrots @ Great EscApe’s Observation Tower
- Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles (Children’s Zoo/Grassy Meadow): For children five and under. Each egg scramble is based on a first-come, first-served basis and includes eggs with candy provided by Target and prizes. Children should bring their own Easter basket or bucket to collect eggs. Egg scrambles are limited to 100 children per timeframe. Parents may pick up tickets for the egg scrambles beginning at noon in the Children’s Zoo. Egg scramble times are as follows:
- 1:30 p.m. (2 years old and under)
- 2 p.m. (3 year olds)
- 2:30 p.m. (4 year olds)
- 2:45 p.m. (5 year olds)
Get in the game and enter the “Be Spied & Get Spied” photo contest now through April 1 for a chance to win wild prizes. Your mission: snap a photo of what you “spy” at the Zoo. Make sure to include yourself or someone in your group in the shot. Upload your photo at www.okczoo.com for a chance to win prizes provided by Wild Birds Unlimited OKC, OKC Kayak, Bass Pro, 42nd St. Candy Co. and the Zoo. You can also register to win at the Zoo’s Guest Relations office located at the main entrance.
There’s something fun for everyone at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Visit Oklahoma’s #1 attraction and one of the top three zoos in the country as named in the 2012 10Besties Readers' Choice Travel Awards! The Oklahoma City Zoo is a proud member of Oklahoma City’s Adventure District located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Buildings close at 4:45 p.m. daily. Regular admission is $8 for adults, $5 for children ages three-11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free. Become a Zoo fan at http://www.facebook.com/okczoobg or follow us on Twitter @okczoo. To learn more about these and other happenings, call (405) 424-3344 or visit okczoo.com.