OKC Zoo Costume Swap and Pumpkin Drop - 2012
MEDIA ADVISORY OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Candice Rennels – (405) 425-0298, office, (405) 412-6172, cell, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrie Allen – (405) 425-0292 or email@example.com
OKC ZOO HOSTS HALLOWEEN COSTUME SWAP AND PUMPKIN DROP
Looking for a greener way to dress up for Halloween? It’s simple– swap costumes with a friend for something “new to you” at the Oklahoma City Zoo! To increase conservation awareness for local families, the Zoo is partnering with The National Costume Swap Day, Saturday, October 13, 2012. The public is invited to donate gently used Halloween costumes and receive tickets to swap for different ones. This event coincides with the Zoo’s annual Pumpkin Drive. Participants can costume swap and/or pumpkin drop. Dropping off a large pumpkin allows for free, same-day admission to the Zoo. Statistics show that 6,250 tons of landfill waste could be avoided if just half the kids in America traded Halloween costumes instead of buying new ones.
The Zoo’s Swap and Drop details are as follows:
- Donate and Swap gently used costumes Saturday, October 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the Global Plaza, rain or shine. No Zoo admission is required.
- Donate early from Monday, October 8 through Friday, October 12, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, in the Guest Relations Office. Receive ticket(s) to return and swap on Saturday, October 13. Or donate early without swapping.
- Sizes range from infants to toddlers to youth XL.
- Bring a pumpkin larger than your head on Saturday, October 13, and receive free, same-day admission to the Zoo.
Make your Halloween green this year! Visit Oklahoma’s number one attraction and one of the nation’s top three zoos, as named in the 2012 10Besties Readers' Choice Travel Awards! The Oklahoma City Zoo is a proud member of Oklahoma City’s Adventure District located near the crossroads of I-44 and I-35. The Zoo is open every day, except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s days. Hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Buildings close at 4:45 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults, and $5 for children ages 3-11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children 2 and under are admitted free. Military members, spouses and up to 5 children receive a 50 percent discount. For more information, call (405) 424-3344 or visit www.okczoo.com.