OKC ZOO Hosts 2nd Annual Costume Swap and Pumpkin Drop - 2013
MEDIA ADVISORY SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
- Candice Rennels – (405) 425-0298, office, (405) 412-6172, cell, or email@example.com
- Carrie Allen – (405) 425-0292 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OKC ZOO HOSTS 2nd ANNUAL HALLOWEEN COSTUME SWAP AND PUMPKIN DROP
Conservation and candy! That’s how the Oklahoma City Zoo likes to celebrate Halloween. Statistics show that 6,250 tons of landfill waste could be avoided if just half the kids in America traded Halloween costumes instead of buying new ones. To increase conservation awareness for local families, the Zoo is hosting its second annual Halloween Costume Swap on Saturday, October 5, 2013. The public is invited to donate gently used Halloween costumes and receive tickets to swap for different ones. This event coincides with the Zoo’s annual Pumpkin Drive, presented by Remington Park. Participants can costume swap and/or pumpkin drop. Dropping off a large pumpkin in the Zoo’s Global Plaza allows for free, same-day admission to the Zoo.
The Zoo’s Swap and Drop details are as follows:
- Donate and Swap gently used costumes Saturday, October 5, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the Global Plaza, rain or shine. No Zoo admission is required.
- Donate early from Monday, September 30, through Friday, October 4, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Guest Relations Office. Receive ticket(s) to return and swap on Saturday, October 5. Or donate early without swapping.
- Sizes range from infants to toddlers to youth XL.
- Bring a pumpkin larger than your head on Saturday, October 5, and receive free, same-day admission to the Zoo. The Zoo’s annual Pumpkin Drive continues through October 13. Pumpkins will be used to decorate the 30th annual Haunt the Zoo for Halloween from October 26 through 31, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. nightly.
Make your Halloween count this year! October 5 is your day to “swap and drop!” The Oklahoma City Zoo is a proud member of Oklahoma City’s Adventure District located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Buildings close at 4:45 p.m. daily. Guests must exit grounds at closing time. Regular admission is $8 for adults, and $5 for children ages 3-11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free. Become a Zoo fan at www.facebook.com/okczoobg or follow us on Twitter @okczoo. To learn more about these and other happenings, call (405) 424-3344 or visit our new mobile Web site at www.okczoo.com.