OKC ZOO HOSTS ANNUAL HOPABALOO EASTER EVENT - 2013
MEDIA ADVISORY March 21, 2013
CONTACTS: Candice Rennels, (405) 412-6172, cell, (405) 425-0298, office, or [email protected]
Carrie Allen, (405) 425-0292 or [email protected]
ZIPPITY, HIPPITY! IT’S HOPABALOO AT THE OKLAHOMA CITY ZOO
WHAT: The Oklahoma City Zoo will host its annual Easter brunch and HOPabaloo activities on Sunday, March 31, 2013.
WHERE: Brunch will be served in the Zoo’s Education Center and HOPabaloo activities will take place on Zoo grounds.
BRUNCH DETAILS: Enjoy brunch with the Easter bunny or just bring the kids out for an “eggs”traordinary outing. Brunch attendees will enjoy a delicious spread of spiral-sliced ham, baked chicken, scrambled eggs, pancakes with fruit toppings, macaroni and cheese, vegetable medley, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, garden salad, assorted desserts, coffee, tea and juice.
- Serving times are 10:30 a.m. or noon, and children five and under who attend the brunch will automatically be signed up for one of the Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles.
- Brunch is $17 for adults and $12 for children 3-11 and seniors 65 and older. Children two and under eat free. ZooFriends members and military personnel receive 10 percent off their brunch totals.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance online at okczoo.com. Click “Buy Tickets” in the top right corner on the home page, then “Admissions” and scroll down to HOPabaloo.
- Brunch includes Zoo admission for the day.
HOPABALOO ACTIVITIES: Make the day even “hop”pier by partaking in our HOPabaloo activities on grounds from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., all free with Zoo admission.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Station (Global Plaza): Sweet eats. But when they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Animal Encounter at 1:15 p.m. (Children’s Zoo/Grandma’s Porch): Meet our bunnies.
- Keeper Connections: Watch as some of our animals enjoy “egg”stra special treats!
- 11 a.m. Squirrel and Spider monkeys (Children’s Zoo)
- 11:30 a.m. Elephant Presentation at the Elephant Pavilion
- 1:15 p.m. Elephant Presentation the Elephant Pavilion
- 1:30 p.m. Birds of Prey (across from the picnic pavilions)
- 4 p.m. Indian Rhino
TINY TOT EGG SCRAMBLES: Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles, for children ages two to five years old will be held in the Children’s Zoo/Grassy Meadow. Egg scrambles are limited to 100 children each and include eggs with candy provided by Target. Children should bring an Easter basket or bucket to collect eggs. Parents may pick up tickets for any egg scramble beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the Children’s Zoo. Egg scramble times are as follows:
- 1:30 p.m. (2 year olds)
- 2 p.m. (3 year olds)
- 2:30 p.m. (4 year olds)
- 2:45 p.m. (5 year olds)
The Oklahoma City Zoo is a proud member of Oklahoma City’s Adventure District located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Buildings close at 4:45 p.m. daily. Regular admission is $8 for adults, and $5 for children ages 3 to 11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free. Become a Zoo fan at http://www.facebook.com/okczoobg or follow us on Twitter @ okczoo. For more information, call (405) 424-3344 or visit okczoo.com.