OKC ZOO HOSTS ANNUAL HOPABALOO EASTER EVENT - 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 4, 2014
Candice Rennels, (405) 412-6172, cell; (405) 425-0298, office, or [email protected]
Carrie Allen, (405) 425-0292 or [email protected]
OKLAHOMA CITY ZOO HOSTS ANNUAL HOPABALOO EASTER EVENT
WHAT: The Oklahoma City Zoo will host its annual HOPabaloo “egg”stravaganza with an assortment of family friendly activities on Sunday, April 20, 2014, including:
- Easter Brunch with private Easter Egg Scrambles
- Krispy Kreme doughnut station, while supplies last
- Afternoon Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles
- Animal encounters throughout the Zoo
- Brunches will be served in the Canopy Restaurant.
- The doughnut station, bunny encounter and Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles will take place in the Children’s Zoo.
- Special Easter Weekend Keeper Connections will be held throughout Zoo grounds.
- In case of rain, all Easter Egg Scrambles will take place in the Zoo’s Education Center.
BRUNCH DETAILS: Enjoy brunch with the Easter bunny or just bring the kids out for a hopping good time in the Canopy Restaurant. Brunch attendees will enjoy a delicious spread of spiral-sliced ham, baked chicken, scrambled eggs, pancakes with fruit toppings, macaroni and cheese, vegetable medley, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, garden salad, assorted desserts, coffee, tea and juice. Brunches are limited to 100 guests each.
- Brunch #1 will be served at 10:30 a.m. with a private Easter Egg Scramble at 11:30 a.m.
- Brunch #2 will be served at noon with a private Easter Egg Scramble at 1 p.m.
- Children ages 2 to 5 who attend a brunch can participate in a private Easter Egg Scramble. Children should bring an Easter basket to collect eggs.
- The Easter Bunny will be available for photo opportunities.
- Both Brunches are $19 for adults, and $14 for children ages 3 through 11 and seniors 65 and older. Children two and under eat free. ZooFriends members and military personnel receive 10 percent off their brunch totals. Ticket pricing includes a private Easter Egg Scramble, photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny and Zoo admission for the day.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance online at www.okczoo.com by clicking on the “Buy Tickets” button and then the “Admissions” tab.
TINY TOT EGG SCRAMBLES: HOPabaloo activities continue in the Children’s Zoo at noon with Krispy Kreme doughnuts being served while supplies last. Parents may also begin picking up tickets for the Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles beginning at noon. Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles, for children ages 2 to 5 years old, will be held on the Children’s Zoo grassy meadow. The Scrambles are limited to 100 children each and include eggs with candy. Children should bring an Easter basket or bucket to collect eggs. Tiny Tot Egg Scramble times are as follows:
- 1:30 p.m. (2 year olds)
- 2 p.m. (3 year olds)
- 2:30 p.m. (4 year olds)
- 2:45 p.m. (5 year olds)
ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS: Make the day even “hop”pier! Just for HOPabaloo, we’ve added some “egg”stra Weekend Keeper Connections to the regular schedule, giving guests more opportunities to encounter animals as they interact with special Easter treats. You’ll be able to talk with those who care for the animals—the Zoo keepers! Come, connect with wildlife while hearing and seeing how the Zoo strives to conserve and preserve our natural resources! All animal encounters will occur weather permitting. The special HOPabaloo schedule is as follows:
- 11 a.m. - Squirrel and Spider monkeys (Children’s Zoo)
- 11:30 a.m. Elephant Presentation at the Elephant Pavilion
- 1:15 p.m. - Bunnies at Children’s Zoo/Grandma’s Porch
- 1:30 p.m. Birds of Prey (across from the picnic pavilions)
- 1:30 p.m. - Great EscApe
- 2 p.m. - Elephant Presentation the Elephant Pavilion
- 2:30 p.m. - River otters: Big Rivers
- 3 p.m. - Tigers
- 3:30 p.m. - Turkey Vulture: Oklahoma Trails aviary
- 3:45 p.m. - Great EscApe
Spring ‘s in full swing at the Oklahoma City Zoo! A proud member of Oklahoma City’s Adventure District, the Zoo is located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Buildings close at 4:45 p.m. daily. Regular admission is $8 for adults, and $5 for children ages 3 to 11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free. Become a Zoo fan at www.facebook.com/okczoobg or follow us on Instagram and Twitter @okczoo. For more information, call (405) 424-3344 or visit www.okczoo.com.