OKC ZOO OPENS NEW GIRAFFE FEEDING PLATFORM - 2011
MEDIA ADVISORY September 6, 2011
Tara Henson: (405) 425-0219-office, (405) 919-9038-cell or email@example.com
Candice Rennels: (405) 425-0298-office, (405) 412-6172-cell or firstname.lastname@example.org
OKC ZOO OPENS NEW GIRAFFE FEEDING PLATFORM
WHAT: New giraffe feeding platform now open.
DETAILS: Come meet our giraffes face-to-face. Oklahoma City Zoo guests will have an opportunity to interact with the tallest animals at the Zoo (and on earth!) with the opening of a new giraffe feeding platform. Located at the giraffe habitat, along the Giraffe Loop, the feeding platform allows guests to be within an arms-reach of these gentle giants.
- When can guests feed the giraffes? Daily feeding times are 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. Feeding is dependent on weather and giraffe participation. No other food or giraffe-feeding opportunities are permitted.
- What is the cost? For $3 per person, a limited number of guests will be able to feed browse branches or lettuce leaves to the giraffes (provided by the Zoo.)
- How many giraffes can we feed? The Zoo’s entire giraffe herd: Bogy (male), Ellie (female), Ursula (female) and Noel (female) have access to the feeding platform. However, it’s most likely visitors will meet Bogy and Ellie, our most guest-curious giraffes.
- What can I expect? Our giraffes love to eat and will use their incredibly long tongues to pull or lick the food from your hand. You may even get a lick or two.
- Can children participate? Absolutely! Adult assistance may be needed to lend a hand.
There’s always something new to see and do at the Zoo! Oklahoma’s #1 attraction and one of the top three family-friendly zoos in the nation, the Zoo is located at NE 52nd and Martin Luther King Blvd. in the heart of Oklahoma City’s Adventure District. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with exhibit buildings closing at 4:45 p.m. All guests must leave Zoo grounds at closing time. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children ages three to 11 and seniors ages 65 and older. Children two and under are free. For more information, call (405) 424-3344 or visit okczoo.com. Are you a Zoo fan? Like us at www.facebook.com/okczoobg.